Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Need to Vent

I need to vent a little tonight.

I was called into my bosses office this evening. He "advised" me I need to have more confidence in myself. He made comments about how I ask to many questions, and stated I need have the answers, I just need to trust myself. He also made the "comment" that most employers wouldn't be patient with their employees and would just as soon terminate them. I work for a Medical precollections company.

It has some very difficult issues that come up. The supervisors I have had to ask questions to haven't had the answers. He stated that I need to take this as a training lesson.

Part of me accepts this and another part wants to get very and I mean very defensive. I just don't know how to react.

I guess I won't ask questions anymore. I do need to be more confident. But again I am not sure how to feel. I am open to suggestions.

4 comments:

Lisa M. said...

I think it is good to vent. I am glad you wrote this post.

It seems unreasonable to me for them to expect you to have answers that your supervisors don't have.

I think it was a wise thing to point out to them, but an obvious *they are not getting it* thing.

I too, think I would want to get defensive, but it probalby wouldn't help to do so.

I am not sure the best course of action. I would be sure though, to not say or mention the insident to anyone in the office. That I think, just makes matters worse.

I would advise you to keep your chin up, and try very hard to be independant, and do the best you can. I have no idea, if thats the answer or not..

I'll be keeping you, in my prayers.

S'mee said...

oooooh. (with a red face and huff!) Grr this makes me crazy! His responce to your questions was equal to "Gosh Jewel, you don't get it. Fact is, your supervisors don't get it either. I don't get it, the whole company is at a loss because, frankly, no one knows what we're doing. But you my dear are the low man on the totem pole and you'll get sacked if you bring up our collective stupidity again!"

Good freaking grief! I do agree that, after his lovely councleing session, that your confidence level should rise.

Until you graduate from soothsayer's school, your best bet would be to just do your own thing as best as you can, PRAY (a lot), and take your sister's advice.

Ask Heavenly Father pointed questions, give Him your thoughts, choices for answers and keep listening for the Spirit to tell you where to go from here.

Until then HUGS HUGS HUGS and all kinds of good vibes. You deserve much better.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I won't give any adivice because alot of times, we just want someone to say, " it will be OK. I understand and it will all work out."

It is so hard to be criticized. I personally hate it. It really hurts my feelings. It's ok to cry and get it out.

Remember, we love you and we all have things to over come. You'll do it! Don't worry! Ignore stupid people and keep your chin up!

Lisa M. said...

We really do need a new post!