Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sisters

I have been thinking a lot about my sisters lately. I hate the distance between us. I don't just mean because of where we live, but the fact we hardly ever talk or comunnicate. I am fairly close to a couple of my sisters. But lately they are not talking to me. I have no idea why. I wish I knew what was going on in their lives that has kept them from talkin gto me. I almost feel like I have offended them. I can't thnk of anything I have done though.

B.....Passed away 3 years ago, I was never very close with her, but I did love her dearly.
S.....Is in a world of her own and won't allow any family to talk to her. I feel sorry for her.
J.....This sister is a busy one. She has a daughter and she does so may things for her. Her daughter keeps her busy. J and I have always seemed to get a long. But I can't seem to get a hold of her these days.
L.....The sister I get along with the best, I think. I know she has a lot to do and is busy with her family. She has a lot on her plate. I just wish she knew how much I miss talking to her. I miss our daily conversations. I miss hearing about E and how he is doing. I miss being there for her.
I miss her PERIOD. I hope she knows that.
G.....I have hardly talked to this sister in the past year. I do call her, but she has 4 kids and I can never seem to reach her.
That is a little about my sisters. They are quite a bunch. I love them all, and I miss them. L if you read this, know I love and miss you very much.

3 comments:

Mel said...

I've always said that everybody needs a sister! It seems you have that X 5! Great post!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel sometimes. I have 5 sisters too. I do know that if a person comes across too needy or calls all the time in a needy way, that turns me off. I have a sister like that. She sucks me dry most of the time.

I don't know if this is what is happening in your life but if you always remember to think, "what can I do for HER? or How can I make HER feel better?" that works great.

The secret is to be strong. Don't ask for anything. Don't complain about anything. Don't say anything that may come across as pouting or feeling sorry for yourself. Be strong. Act happy. If you are not happy, act like you are until you feel that way.

You could email your sisters and tell them you love them and just wanted to drop a note to see how they are. The more and longer you do that, the more likely they will want to spent time talking you you.

Tell them the good things that are happening in you life and be positive. That is what people want to know about. Sadly, most people don't really wan to hear about the bad stuff in others lives. Everyone has probems. People need to hear good things.

People don't want to feel like they have to fix things or make you feel better. I know with my family, it gets tiring when one calls all the time just to complain. I start to not answer the phone.

I think you are wonderful! Keep up the great posts and be happy! It will all work out!

Lisa M. said...

Hey Sis,

LOVED this entry. It's a good one.

And just to let you know, I love you too~