Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

T''was the night of Thanksgiving, I just couldn't sleep

I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned -the dark meat & white
But I fought the temptation with all of my might.
Tossing & turning with anticipation,
The thought of a snack became infatuation.
I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door, &
Gazed at the fridge full of goodies galore.
I gobbled up turkey & buttered potatoes,
Pickles & carrots, beans & tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling so plump & so round,
'Til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.
I crashed thru the ceiling floating into the sky,
With a mouthful of pudding & a handful of pie.
But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees,
Happy eating to all,- pass the cranberries please.
May your stuffing be tasty, your turkey be plump.
May your potatoes 'n' gravy have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious, may your pies take the prize.
May your Thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs!

Have a Great Holiday

4 comments:

Lisa M. said...

Happy Happy Happy Thanksgiving to you, sissy dear. Maybe someday, we can celebrate this day together.

I don't think we ever have, have we?

Robyn said...

Love the poem Jewel! Have a super Thanksgiving, good luck with the prime rib! They're actually pretty easy to do.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Eat lots of turkey and cherry pie (that's my favorite too!)

Mel said...

Fun poem! Have a great Thanksgiving!