Sunday, December 17, 2006

Merry Christmas

It is one week until Christmas. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

What are your Christmas Traditions?

When I was young we opened one gift, it was always pajama's. When I got married my husband did not like that tradition. So we don't do that any longer. I don't know that we have a lot of traditions right now. My boys are 21 and 25, and dont live close by. I need some new traditions. Any suggestions?

My christmas tree is only about 2-3 feet tall. Not by my choice. I guess I let my husband control the holidays a bit. Hummmmm, guess I better think about that.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday season.

2 comments:

Lisa M. said...

You do need some new Christmas traditions. I would say, volunteer on the holiday, since your loved ones will not be close.

I am convinced that sharing time and talents with others is the pure way to finding that gleeful happiness that seems to be missing from our lives, sometimes.

I don't think the size of the tree matters much, its the spirit in the house.

Play beautiful Christmas music, take time to do those things you usually don't have time for, and celebrate the season by solidifying your relationship with our Savior.

I hope that you can find warmth and comfort, love and light, this holiday season.

I hope you know that you are loved beyond measure. Not for what you give but for who you are.

I love you.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you! I am in the same boat with traditions. We realized that we don't have many either and are wanting to start some for our family and especially for Reilly, our 4 year old. We are going to sing a Christmas song each night this week together and read some scriptures about Christ's birth and then put a piece in a Nativity set until all the pieces are together on Christmas eve.